Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default bathroom earthing question

On 12 Mar 2006 23:06:11 -0800 someone who may be "w_tom"
wrote this:-

If RCDs do not provide human safety to UK bathrooms, they why?

In the past five years there has been a requirement to fit an RCD to
certain things in certain parts of bathrooms. Whether this makes
people safer has yet to be seen. Personally I suspect that the
improvement in safety will be limited.

Why is electricity at 230 volts in UK bathrooms not a threat

Who says it is not a hazard? The fact that the IEE has for a very
long time had special regulations about rooms containing baths [1]
and showers indicates that it is a hazard.

[1] at one time it was fixed baths and showers, but this was dropped
a little time ago after tin baths became largely items of historic
note only.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh