Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Zanussi washer dryer - repair or replace?

Hi

My zannusi washer/dryer I bought in 1998 for about £500. The dryer
stopped working a long time ago but did not use it too often so was not
too concerned. The washer cycle has took a long time for a while now,
I kept having to push it round manually to spin etc. Now the dial is
clearly stiff and not moving round properly. This means I am
struggling to get it to finish and when I eventually get the clothees
out they are wet and need hand wringing. Is this likely to be a cheap
repair or should I consider buying a new machine? I live in
Stockport/Manchester area if anyone can recommend a repairer.

Thanks for any advice.
Colin