Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H.

Default Help. Too much Weight on 2nd Floor Structure?

"Billy" writes:
I have a bathroom project that I'm doing and I loaded all the materials
into my master bedroom - not knowing if I'm loading too much weight on
the second floor structure. I have placed eight standard sized sheets
of wonderboard (6 x 9's, I think), four 8 x 12 sheetrock sheets, three
hardibacker 8 x 10 floor sheets, a 24" bathroom wood cabinet, 25"
granite top with ceramic inlay bowl amd a Kohler toilet - all in one
quarter section of a 18 x 12 bedroom. It all seems fairly heavy for the
one segment of the room, but then I look at our solid wood armoire,
dresser and bed and think maybe I'm sweating this for nothing.

Is this too much weight in one area for a 40 year old single family
split level home? Is there standards and maximum weight capacities for
a room? I never really thought about this and need help quick.

Call a degreed and professional licensed structural engineer first
thing tomorrow and get them to your place asap.

There's no way to answer this on usenet, and for free, from a bunch of
hacks like us with no access to inspecting your actual construction,
you won't want to trust our answers anyway.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/