Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Lamb

Default A CAD Program

Richard Lamb wrote:

William Wixon wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

I'd like to get a CAD program. This will be mostly for drawing up
model airplane plans, but will be used for some other mechanical
design. With models, I want to put scanned-in bitmaps of scale
3-views and design the model over them. Better yet, a program that
would be able to do a good job of turning a scan into a line drawing
would be ever so cool.

I have a copy of "TurboCAD Designer 2D/3D" Version 8, which I picked
up ages ago. It's sitting in my wastebasket because it does nothing
but crash my machine.

Anyone have any CAD program suggestions? Is Turbo CAD now reliable?
A 2D program would be sufficient, but I wouldn't say no to a 3D
program if the price were right.

Thanks.

nobody has mentioned "

one wouldn't, in polite company...

b.w.

Design CAD 16 Express -
$49.00
http://www.imsisoft.com/prodinfo.asp?t=1&mcid=327

And a training CD from basic drafting to Full modeling
$44.95
http://www.imsisoft.com/prodinfo.asp?t=1&mcid=328