Posted to sci.electronics.repair
robert c

Default PCG-984L Sony Viao Laptop Will not turn on, no lights, ac plug been replaced

PCG-984L Sony Viao Laptop

hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys have come across this issue before.
I have this sony viao laptop modem pcg-984l that simply will not turn
on at all. no lights anywhere. I have checked the voltage output of
the pwoer supply of the unit, and it reads correctly at 19volts. I
have also opened the notebook and checked the voltage reading on the
power jack, and it reads 19volts as well. I have resoldered the jack
just to make sure.

heres the funny thing. After putting the laptop back togethere, it did
turnon several times.. but then, unexpectedly it wont turn on no more.

Not sure what else to check. Any ideas? thank you in advance!