Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Harvey

Default Kudos to Amazon!

Leuf wrote:

Wow! I would go and buy another tool from them, except I already did
and it's due for delivery tuesday

I'll add another data point. I ordered a Makita compound miter saw and a
Freud 80 tooth blade for it last summer. I used Amazons free shipping
but when the saw arrived, two teeth were broken off the Freud blade.
They had just thrown the blade in it's thin cardboard package into the
box with the saw.

I emailed Amazon's customer service, they immediately shipped a new
blade 2day without waiting for my return. I also complained that the
blade had dinged up the saw table a bit when it was rattling around in
there and them credited my charge account twenty bucks.

You should, as I did, write Amazon a complimentary note thanking the
person who handled your claim. That will help ensure their customer
service doesn't fail the next guy.

Yes, I have and will buy more tools from them.