Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default Kids Build Soybean-Fueled Car

RAM³ wrote:
"Treedweller" wrote in message

I guess some of this depends on what you call a "noticeable scratch."
I've heard that all the waste fryer oil we currently produce could
account for 3% of diesel usage (maybe I've got that wrong, but there's
definitely a lot of it out there). That isn't much in terms of GDP or
import levels, but I'd call it a noticeable amount. And it doesn't
even require new oil to be produced.

Are you *SURE* that it wouldn't require any "new oil"?

Even when you consider that all of the machinery and fertilizer required to
plant the soy beans, cultivate the soy plants, harvest the soy beans,
process the soy beans into meal and oil, process the raw soy oil into
something usable, and deliver the processed soy oil to a bulk distribution
location are ALL based upon/fuelled and lubricated by petroleum?

Perpetual Motion has been a long-sought dream that, even with today's
superconductors, is a long way from practicality but is closer than the
veggie-fuel solution.

Now, if someone could design a lightweight, collision-proof, well-shielded
nuclear power plant that could be placed (along with an electric motor) in a
car's engine compartment...