PoP

Default re-use old concrete as an aggregate ?

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 00:47:38 GMT, cuckoo flower
wrote:

hi, do any of you builders/DIYers out there know if i could use the
old concrete which i just dug up from the floor inside my house,
as an aggregate for the new concrete i'm going to mix up ?
i need about 1/3 (one third) of a cu m. to fill it in again (after
burying CH pipes), so obviously, as i still have all the old stuff,
i could save some money by re-using it, otherwise i'll have to
buy about 400Kg of aggregate on top of the 200Kg sand and
100Kg of cement (have i got these quantities right by the way ?)

Can't answer your question, but my concern is about you "burying the
CH pipes".

That might be a good idea, and it might not. Are you sure you want to
deny access to the CH pipes for all time?

PoP