Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap *******

Ugh.

Its totally my fault. A while ago I was a cheap *******, and today I
paid the price. Ever tried drilling through cement mortar with one of
those crap 33p looooooong drill bits? Nope, it doesnt want to know, the
metal isnt very hard. Didnt take long to end up with a round pointed
rod, no cutting head left. Less than one hole in fact.

Next time I will pay the £17 for one single drill bit rather than
resharpen the bit over half a dozen times just to drill one hole - and
still not be able to get through the cement bit.

Going through brick was slow and heavy going, but come the cement and
the party was over. I'd say that 2' bit was worth about.... 33p. Boy it
was nice using the sds in comparison, I drilled the first sds hole
before even noticing I had it on rotostop!

I guess some things ya can cheapskate, some ya cant, some are about as
good, and some utter carp. The trick is knowing which is which.

NT