Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal,uk.d-i-y

Default if you must top post,

Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:39:51 UTC, "EXT" etonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM top
posted:

I have been top posting all my computerized life. I started out with PROFS
which was an IBM mainframe email system, predating the internet. There,
replies were required to be top posted, and so the habit was formed and
works for me. It seems a waste to have to search the bottom of the previous
message to read the reply.

What you're telling us is that you're too old to learn new tricks..

I find it hard to see why anyone would get worked up about it. Both
methods work fine, as do some others, and in the real world there will
always be people that choose a and people that choose b. And of course
people that need to get over it. The day you tell everyone they must
post your way is the day you need to get real.*

NT

* generic you, not any one in particular.