Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng

Default I am looking for a timer switch, does that exist?

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:09:53 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

A simpler solution is to connect the fan in parallel with the light
switch. The fan is on when the light is on. The amount of heat sucked
up is a very minor problem compared to retained moisture and toilet
smells when the toilet is in use. Mine are all set up that way.

That is what he has and does not want.

Oops missed that first sentence. My bath is in the middle of the
house and does not have a window. The fan is the only way out for
moist or odorous bathroom air. I find that most visitors forget to
turn on the fan, or if they do, leave it on after a pit stop. A
sensible thing to do to avoid embarasssment. But until I switch it
off there's that heated air being sucked out. The light+fan ON link
is the best compromise.