Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default Modifying Switched Duplex Outlet

"Dave Combs" wrote in message
I have a switched duplex outlet where I would like to have one outlet
remained switched and the other remain "live" at all times.

If we can get over the age old comment of "if you have to ask, then you
shouldn't do it", then how do I do it?

Thanks.

Dave

If you're lucky it is not a big deal. I had the same situation. Lucky is
when you can just install a new outlet directly below the switch. If it fits
your layout, you end up with a new unswitched outlet under the switch or
else make the new outlet the swicthed outlet and convert the old switched
outlet to always on.
In my case I did it like the first setup. Now the lamp is on the switch and
the TV and PC are always ready.

Charlie