Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric

Default Water Heater Problem

Thanks Rich that sounds like it. The heater is about 8 years old not very
old if you ask me. It's not bad on weekends because I get up and do stuff
around the house using hot water so when I use the shower later there's
pleny. But during the week I hit the shower right away. Oh well at least it
isn't cold water

--

Eric
"Rich256" wrote in message
I assume you mean the water gets colder as you run more water. The heater
simply isn't keeping up with the cold water coming in.

How old is the heater?

I have noticed similar problems with water heaters as they age. They seem
to develop a wider range between when the burner turns on and off.

For example a new heater set to 140 may turn off at 140 and turn back on
at 130. As it gets older it may not turn back on until it gets to 110.

For something like that you may be getting 110 degree water in the
morning. The heater turns on but can't keep up with what you are drawing
out.

No adjustment available that I know of. Replacement of the control unit
most likely would not be worth it.