Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

Default Anchoring Machne tools to floor

--If you live in an earthquake zone you should take into
consideration the way the thing will fall. No matter how well you anchor it
there's that to consider. Best thing is to position the machine so that the
long axis will be the direction it's most likely to travel, to minimize the
possibility of tipping. I've found that with milling machines it's best to
leave them un-anchored and just let 'em "dance". I took some photos after
the big quake of '82 (I think that's when it happened), showing how far my
mill moved. Lathe was anchored in the way I describe and did just fine.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Better an early adapter
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : than an early adopter..