Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Ineffective central heating pipe design??

On 12 Mar 2006 13:44:35 -0800, "Alister21"
wrote:

Guy,
I have never broke the line there as I did not want to disturb all
those 10mm joints. If memory serves (two winters since last I looked)
it is a cast unit and may well be internally divided. Andy suggests
that I feel both sides for a temperature drop and I will probably do
that next weekend.
Has anyone ever came across a manifold like this?
Al

Yes.

I've seen them with a 22mm compression fitting at each end and a
different type with both 22mm fittings at one end with branches on
each side.

They don't seem to be so easily available any longer in these designs,
possibly because of the cost. More typical are brass blocks with 3
or 4 holes for 10mm or 8mm tubes. These are inserted into a 22mm
fitting and the lot soldered.

e.g. http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/149b.asp

--

..andy