Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Choice of wireless thermostat / Part P

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:50:19 -0000, "Aldrich"
wrote:

Hi

As I mentioned in another thread, I am thinking of replacing my mechanical
room thermostat with a Honeywell CM67. I intend to fit it to the existing
programmer and to leave that on 'continuous'. My only reservation about the
CM67 is that its user interface does not provide the simple functions that I
am used to, namely Advance and Extend (by 1,2,3 hours). I think I can use
the CM67's Party button to achieve these sorts of functions but I think it
is a little more complex to use.

I know the CM67 is well regarded but wondered if anyone has found a better
alternative (such as the Drayton)?

I think that it's a matter of preference.

Have a look at the Danfoss Randall ones and see if you like those.

TP5000-RF 5/2 day programmable room thermostat
TP7000-RF 7 day programmable room thermostat

Also, what is the situation about diy replacement of a central heating
thermostat? Does it come under the requirements of Part P to be done by a
qualified electrician, or can I do it myself?

--

..andy