Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Fixing a roof truss

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Tim Downie"
saying something like:

S Viemeister wrote:
Alistair Riddell wrote:

You aren't perhaps talking about the Scottish "Parliament" are you?!

It certainly sounds like that. I was amazed when I saw the photos -
I had assumed that the beams would be held by more than just their
tapered shape, and glue, but there was no sign of a bolt.

Does anyone see how this story
http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/57828.html can fit in any way with this

"Around 3in long, similar "socket head cap screw" bolts can be bought on
the internet for £1.50."

Humph. I'll bet the actual charge was a tenner a bolt.

--

Dave