Posted to alt.home.repair
skeezics

Default canopy cover. where to find?

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:32:03 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message
skeezics wrote:
I have a canopy purchased at sams clud a few years back. its brown on
iron posts 12' x 12' that has dry rotted. anybody know where to find a
replacement top? ive lost the paper work but if memory serves all it
said was better homes and gardens. not much to go on i know but....
probly made in china. thanks

skeez

I had the same problem with a 12 x 12 tent gazebo bought at Sam's Club a
few years ago. Mine was all wood framed with the trellis type corners.
Mine had worn where the canopy laid over the corner roof trusses until
they just tore, probably due to wind. I was unable to locate the
manufacturer of the gazebo and I would suspect that the cost of the canopy
would probably be close to the cost of the entire unit. Also, Sam's did
not have a new unit of the same construction. Fortunately, my
sister-in-law had the same gazebo and she was getting rid of it. I took
the canopy, which was intact.
I know this doesn't answer your question, but before I got my SIL's
canopy, I was going to have one made at an awning and flag store about 40
miles away. I never actually contacted them, so I don't know what the cost
would have been. You might check to see if there is one near you.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I checked with a "friend" of mine that I used to build awnings with. He has
a Consew walking foot sewing machine, and does Raven Mills Sunbrella
projects. He wanted $1,000 for a ten by ten. I went and bought a $175
gazebo with new top. If you have a lightweight frame common to big store
gazebos, the heavier awning canvas will overload it.

Steve

nope not light weight and its bolted to the concrete deck. i realy
dont want to tear it up and assemble a new one. it came with heavy
canvas, it just got old and tore when we took it down for winter,

skeez