Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak

Default canopy cover. where to find?

skeezics wrote:
I have a canopy purchased at sams clud a few years back. its brown on
iron posts 12' x 12' that has dry rotted. anybody know where to find a
replacement top? ive lost the paper work but if memory serves all it
said was better homes and gardens. not much to go on i know but....
probly made in china. thanks

skeez

I had the same problem with a 12 x 12 tent gazebo bought at Sam's Club a
few years ago. Mine was all wood framed with the trellis type corners.
Mine had worn where the canopy laid over the corner roof trusses until
they just tore, probably due to wind. I was unable to locate the
manufacturer of the gazebo and I would suspect that the cost of the
canopy would probably be close to the cost of the entire unit. Also,
Sam's did not have a new unit of the same construction. Fortunately, my
sister-in-law had the same gazebo and she was getting rid of it. I took
the canopy, which was intact.
I know this doesn't answer your question, but before I got my SIL's
canopy, I was going to have one made at an awning and flag store about
40 miles away. I never actually contacted them, so I don't know what the
cost would have been. You might check to see if there is one near you.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY