Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default I am looking for a timer switch, does that exist?

wrote:
Hi,

I have one of those ceiling fans in the washroom and right now I have
basically a light switch on/off to start it.

I would like to change the switch to a timer one for example a switch
with multichoice that would run the fan for 5minutes or 10 minutes or
15 minutes and then stop it.
Anything out there?

Another idea that I had was to automate the fan.

The washroom is not very big and when someone has a shower there is
alot of moisture in the air.
Usually I turn the fan on after I am done having a shower to suck that
moisture out.

It would be cool if I could have a humidistat to sensor humidity in
the room and then automatically start the fan till it drops to the
desired humidity setting.

The complicated part is that I would like the fan to only come on when
there's nobody in the washroom ie when the light is off.
The reason is because especially in the winter I dont want the fan on
when someone is in the room, sucking heat.

Is this possible?

Sure, just have the person hit the timer as they leave.

However, that fan is going to such heat even if no one is in the room.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit