Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default 3/8 in Phenolic Sheets - Router Table

On 3/10/2006 1:25 PM Toller mumbled something about the following:
"Tom H" wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have a cheap source for 3/8 in. phenolic sheets sutable for making
router table inserts.
It seems that $35 is the going rate for precuts at woodworking sites and
$36 sq ft at plastic suppliers is the best I can do.

If you can make do with 1/2", corian sink cutouts ought to be cheap. I got
a big pile of them for free last year. I just made a router table out of a
large sheet of corian, and it has been fine so far; should work for a
insert.

I've just been told about a huge piece of corian at one of our offices
that they are throwing out. I told them to hold on to it, I'll be there
next week to pick it up. It's a pretty good size chunk and kinda
awkward shape, but I think I can get me a decent router table out of a
piece of it.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net