Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

Default Spent a couple Days with Roy

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
ink.net...
I spent a couple days with Roy Underhill of The Woodwright's Shop starting
Thursday evening and running through Friday and Saturday. Roy came to my
woodworking club, Northeastern Woodworkers Association, and did a

Roy will also be at the NWA Woodworkers Showcase the last weekend of March
2006 in Saratoga Springs, NY. Come see him for a wonderful experience.

I plan to be at the show both days... wearing my name tag as I'll be
spending time working in the Toy Factory. The Mid-Hudson contingent of NWA
is manning the Toy Factory this year.

certainly had a number of shared memories about shared events and people.
Whether he specifically remembered me after 19 years... I doubt it and
didn't expect it. Between CW, the Woodwright's Shop, and other activities
he's met millions of people in that period! I'd been to his house to pick
up/drop off kids with my roommate and he'd been to mine too but there were a
lot of other people present at my place. The connection was Roy's wife's and
my roommate's relationship. Roy and I were peripheral players and judging by
how well I remember my wife's friends... ;~)

John