John Keeney

Default OT, Sorta-LED flashlights...

"Gunner" wrote in message
If you folks come up with decent LED flashlights, or plans..the people
over on misc.survivalism would love to have some, as this is a regular
topic of discussion.

What constitutes a "decent LED flashlight", Gunner?
I've build a few that I gave friends in, umm, that work for
the government that they've found useful.

The "white LEDs" are, as was said, blue LEDs with phosphors.
I've fooled with using the base color LEDs combined to give
white light for some efficiency gain but juggling the different
voltages & outputs using surplus components (like I do) is a
pain.