Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Handyman Chronicles

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Perfectly legal, not flyposting, doesn't annoy people like windscreen
flyers, can't be banned for doing anything.

Result is that a HUGE number of people see my advert. Minimal cost, huge
bang for the buck.

Anyone see any snags? Any thoughts?

Here's on that worked well for me.

Years ago, I ran a small window blind company. Driving around I was more
attuned to the state of people's window blinds than the ordinary punter.

I had a portable tape recorder on the passenger seat on which I verbally
noted the address. I had made up some flyers which I then posted to the
householder, or put through the letterbox if I was able to stop at the
time.

It amazed me just how much business that generated. I suppose people
suddenly realised how claggy and broken their blinds looked from the
outside.

As you drive around you could do similar for external work that looks in
need of doing.
--

Dave