Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Long closet pole

Actor123 wrote:
Hi all:

I am doing a remodel that will result in a rather large walk-in closet.
Along one of the longer walls I would like to have a long closet pole
for hanging clothes. The thing is, I would prefer not to have any
braces or brackets during the run of the pole, just at the ends. This
is because I prefer to be able to slide all the clothes around a lot,
as it makes organization much easier.

I realize most closet poles are not strong enough to support that kind
of weight without brackets to the wall every few feet. I am looking
for approximately a 10' span with no brackets in the middle.

You find a need to slide clothes more than a few inches or a foot?
Why?

I don't see how a single support in the middle would cause a major
problem. Aren't you going to have shelving above the closet rod? What
supports the shelving?