Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper

Default Gauge block care and useage

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 05:48:36 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:01:24 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

While it wasn't tool related, one job I ran in my shop, many years ago, took
two months to complete. It consisted of a minute hook made of aluminum and
Armco iron, with two stainless steel pins, .022" diameter. It was titled
an antenna latch, and was a defense part. The pins were provided, but I
made the balance of the parts from stock. The purchase order required 200
pieces, one first article, and 199 from production. I sold 209 pieces when
the job was completed, having started with something like 240 pieces. Lots
of close tolerance dimensions, although none under a thou except for hole
diameters. The entire lot fit easily in the palm of one hand. I still
have a few of the scrap parts, along with one completed item, assembled.
If you're interested, send me an email on the side with your address and
I'll send you a picture (77 kb in size) of some of the parts in various
stages of development, along with the finished part. Included in the
picture is a common straight pin, to give you perspective.

That sounds like an interesting upload for the Dropbox, Harold.

No doubt. My email is screwed up at the moment. Anyone know how to
get the tool bar back up on IE?

Still wondering how I missed that , but at least someone caught it.

I've asked hal and this is the most he'll tell.

I did a flat six crank shaft once for fun to .00003" and the
inspection guy was flustered like his own tools where off.
I got a good laugh watching from a distance.