Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Septic troubles, again.

"Abe" wrote in message
news
So here it is only March and the damn thing
backed up again. They've pumped it just now so I have a little time
before
cursing it again but I wanted to research a few things. My leach field
is
dry. There are no wet spots or standing water at all.

Hmm.. The mystery backup.

Maybe the septic tank ouflow is clogged and wasn't unclogged by the
septic pump guy?

Yeah it was clogged alright but it probably got clogged up due to the high
level of liquid in the tank itself. I have a riser
at the septic opening and it looks like the level has gotten above the top
of the tank which would indicate the septic is not
dispersing liquid. The guy did comment that the level looked high....it was
over the top of the baffle.
I'm just not sure how to diagnose whether it's a bad field, lines or
otherwise.
Thanks,
cc