Greg O

Default OT, Sorta-LED flashlights...

"AL A." wrote in message

The battery life may be a bit of marketing hype, but I do know folks who
use these flashlights and they all say that
the battery life is amazing. I do not know if anyone has actually left
thiers on for 3 weeks, however.

At one of the wholesalers I buy from they sell a 3-D cell light with several
LED's. I don't remember how many. For kicks they turned on a new one, and
left it on 27/7. It was still producing excellent light after four weeks.
After abut eight weeks it was still glowing, but considerably dimmer than at
for weeks. It finally pooped out at around 3 months or so, although the
light output was poor for the last month.

Myself I have a Streamlight, one bulb, 3 - AAAA batteries. I get about six
months of daily use before the light output is low enough that I toss in a
set of batteries. A gent I work with has the same light with lithium
batteries that he has yet to replace after similar use for 2+ years!
I bought a 3 - N cell, 3 LED light the other day, it is about the size of a
mini-maglight. The light output is great, I use it only a couple hours a
week, so I expect batteries to last a year or two.
GReg