Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Karle Lathe Spinning Tools and Dual Use Spinning/Storage Cabinet

Terry Tynan is the guy that runs the http://metalspinningworkshop.com
that you posted on and he responded to your query about the Karle
Spinshop lathe. He is probably too nice a guy to push his own DVD. I
expect if you queried tool making or looked at the appropriate section
of the forum you might find some info. As he and some of the others are
experienced they should be able to give better advice as to what you may
require than myself although if required I could post some pics in the
dropbox of my tools. An example of tools made for a purpose as required
I think Terry has acquired this collection from various sources
http://metalspinningworkshop.com/boa...topic.php?t=74 .
My tool selection was based on the basic information I found on the www
some years ago and from books but has been enhanced by more specific
information recently which gave actual dimensions so providing a sense
of scale. My original tools were a bit short so made some of the work
harder than necessary but fortunately I was able to lengthen them
without complete rework. Very much horses for courses though as the
original tools were fine for small work but made larger work harder,
this like many things would just lead to a selection of tools being made
to suit the job at hand if justified.

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Who is Terry Tynan?

Do you have a link?