Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default Related to Usenet?

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:22:16 -0800, Tim Wescott
wrote:

Terry Keeley wrote:

Is this forum related some how to the usenet rec.crafts.metalworking,
my ISP recently stopped supporting usenet and I miss it!

It's the very one on this end. Whacha posting from?

There are free news services out there, that give you almost everything
except binaries, and you there are news-only services that you can
subscribe to.

I have no personal experience because I've always been blessed with
ISP's that support news access.

Middle of December, Rogers dropped use net and suggested Giganews (at
additional cost of course) to get news groups. When I called to
complain, all I got was tough - if you don't like it, go elsewhere.
Junior (IT professional) called them and got a substantial discount on
service, then signed me up for the minimum service with Giganews which
gives me 2GB/mo. of which I have been using about 0.02 GB for this
newsgroup. So far I have been satisfied with the service, and, thanks
to Junior, have saved a bit of cash.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada