Posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Ping Pyotr

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:26:28 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner
wrote on Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:49:29 GMT in misc.survivalism :
Indeed. I often ask for paper grocery sacks. Stand one up..and rather
soon a cat will do a flat footed jump ...like a mortor round..into
one, hardly disturbing the bag at all.

A rather funny story about that...had a can of shaving cream rupture
and I dropped into an upright paper grocery bag...and within a minute
or two..cat did the mortor round thing..straight up, straight down
into the bag. There was this incredulous Meerewooow???..ratttle
ratttle rustle rustle..and a very very indignant cat did the mortor
round thing in reverse..then stood there..a big white blob with eyes
and tips of ears showing..giving me this really really confused and
hurt look.

LOL.

I made the distinct mistake of laughing ..didnt see him for at least
3 days....

Cats have NO sense of humor and hate being laughed at.

Cats do have a sense of humor, but it does not involve them. They do
have a sense of Dignity which Will be Respected ... the whole "I meant to
do that." bit. I like cats for that sense of self assured dignity, sitting
there, calm, poised, serene - and then they sprawl over and start licking
themselves! Yes, very, very "at one with themselves and the moment."

Or when they jump and miss the shelf..or fall off something..or chase
the lazer pointer headlong into the wall EG..and they instantly get
up, sit, look imperiously around, groom themselves for a moment, then
march off, dignity unscratched.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner