Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default bits are slipping in my brand new Craftsman drill press

Crafstman.

Actually, Crapsman power tools are vitually *identical* to the no-name
imports you find at bigger suppliers, HF, etc. Sears just springs for a
goddamm printed/stamped label and mebbe a paint job.

Altho, I should also add that often there is not much of a diff. in price,
so no harm, no foul.
And, Sears proly has a better return policy than your local supplier.

Or, you can also try what I've been doing lately, going thru my local
supplier's scrap heaps. Lotsa parts for my existing imports, some neat
finds, AND, I might be getting about 3 complete pedestal drill presses (17",
w/ slipping chucks) for real cheap. O'course, I gotta rummage around to
complete them.... Fun, tho.

Used is another option. I prefer PennySaver to goddamm ebay. If you find a
good price on a pedestal drill pressr, and still want benchtop, you can
always cut the shaft, either on a band saw, or abrasively.
Or w/ a hack saw.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"pogo" wrote in message
Try another brand [of drill press]
Bugs

What would recommend in the $200 or less bench-top range ?
Thanks