Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Handyman Chronicles

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Hi All

Still struggling with the horrendous cost of advertising. You would not
credit how much the buggers want. I came up with the following cunning
plan;

snip

Hi

In agreement with many of the points others have raised:

a) Good signage on the van and keep it polished! If I need a local bloke and
word of mouth turns up nothing, my next port of call will be looking for
local blokes by virtue of spotting the van in the driveway in the evening -
with meaningful signage and if the van is clean then he's probably got
attention to detail IMO.

You're in Rochester? Do they have a community parish/town website that
people actually read - ask to be listed in the local business listings page
if they have one. May be free.

Some professional cards in the supermarkets' local traders board and local
news agents? Can cost, but newsagents at least used to be cheap. People do
actually read those sometimes.

I like the fridge magnets idea!

Your website is excellent BTW - clear, works in firefox perfectly and has
actual information and prices! How rare...

Good luck!

Tim (also in Kent)