Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Wahing Machine Internal Leak

wrote in message
oups.com...
My wife and I own an older Kenmore "Heavy Duty" (that's what the label
says) washing machine. Water is leaking into the tub (whatever you call
the place where you put the clothes) and seems to be coming from this
flat plastic piece which controls the water flow into the tub (the part
which makes the water flow flat). The leak is completely internal;
water is not leaking outside of the washer. Since the tub was made for
holding water, it just pools up. I then have to drain it by setting it
to the draining part of the cycle for a few seconds. As I'm sure you
can guess, this is getting old quick.

Could be the water valve is leaking by. It can be replaced, possibly
rebuilt. One way to stop the leak is to turnoff the water tot he washer
when you are done. That is considered good practice anyway. Check
www.repairclinic.com www.applianceaid.com for more information.