Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Home Electrical Question

On 11 Mar 2006 08:32:47 -0800, "Charz" wrote:

Thanks for replying. I really don't want to fight it. I just want to
protect the appliance. I wasn't sure if using 12 gage wire was going to
let the wire or breaker fail if there was a problem. I figured the 16
gage wire would go and I would much rather replace $30 worth of wire
instead of a $2000 appliancet.

I just want to make sure the appliance is proteted.

A short in the appliance could cause the wire to overheat, melting the
insulation and starting a fire. I've seen that before (at least the
melting insulation on 16 gauge wire).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com