Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Gas furnace replacement

mm wrote:
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:47:59 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

m Ransley wrote:

800 for a humidifier is to high, it does not add efficiency only
comfort.

Hi,
Not really. With proper humidity you can lower the temp. which means
saving.

Yes.

Less gas consumption = more efficency?

No.

Efficiency for a furnace is defined somewhere and shouldn't be used
differently by a furnace salesman. It relates to how much heat is
produced for a given amount of fuel. If a humidifier increased
effiiciency, then my furnace that is 27 years old would have high
efficiency because I have installed a humidifier.

Hi,
I know but over all as a heating system if less gas is used it's same as
better efficiency, isn't it? Efficiency is ratio between energy input
vs. output. Theoretical maximum is 1(100%). Where I live, government
cushion, the gas price increase. No matter how high it goes, at certain
price and on, government picks it up in the form of rebate directly to
utility company. During heating season this policy is in force.