Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs

Default Electric vs. Gas, your opinion ?????

In article ,
Joey wrote:

It usually gets below freezing about 20-30 days out of the year.

An air-source (electric) heat pump MIGHT be worth considering in your case.

Not sure of prices but the gas as compared to last winter
has doubled but not electric.

I predict you'll soon see the price of NG decline significantly due to the
unusually mild winter. I believe the price is already falling in many areas.

I just swapped-out my natural draft furnace for a "92.8%" efficient,
condensing gas furnace. Check back in a year or so but, after "living" with
the new furnace for only three weeks, I suspect my gas bill will go DOWN
noticeably despite rate increases.

I recommend that you stay with natural gas for your space heating.
--

JR