Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Omnibook 6100 Eeprom updating disk for LCD.

"Jack" wrote in message
.. .
I changed the LCD to a 15" (used to have 14") on my Omnibook 6100.
Now the LCD does not function and on external display it says that the LCD
is switched off due to a wrong setting in the eeprom and that I have to
set the eeprom with a service software.

Does anyone have a copy of this? I got one copy, but it was for a 6000
model and it claims a "Wrong platform" error.

Help appreciated.

Jan
Finland

Did the replacement screen come with a non-working laptop? If so, someone
who can do surface mount soldering/desoldering might be able to transplant
the eeprom over.

Dave