Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default post turtle

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 03:44:29 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

Frank Drackman wrote:

Nope.

I don't understand the need to post jokes, political thoughts, and

other off
topic stuff to a woodworking newsgroup. I certainly can understand

sharing
ideas with your friends and do so frequently via email, telephone

calls, and
face to face encounters but I am missing why people do it to a newsgroup
dealing with woodworking...especially without putting OT in the

header. If
there are members of the group you want to share with why not create an
email distribution list? What am I missing?

Think of this group as a large family.

Sometimes a family member wishes to share and idea that is not of
interest to all the family.

Should have stopped right there.

AS long as it is not some religious harangue, it's not such a big deal.

.... all that statement does is indicate what *your* hot button topic
happens to be.