Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cydrome Leader

Default How to use crimping tool

Alex wrote:
Guys,

when you use crimping tools does it matter which side of connector goes under tooth of
crimping tool? The part where two ends of connectors "neck" tube meet or other side?

BTW I have a stripping/crimping tool like this one:
http://store.yahoo.com/bostonindustr...crtowi30t.html

These tend to do a bad job. I'd crimp in two places with such a tool.

If you do lots of crimping, this is good tool:

http://tools.tycoelectronics.com/priihatokit.html

the dies won't crush the insulation on the terminal, and it will compress
the metal inside as well as some of the plastic around the wire that hangs
out. Good crimp terminals make a difference too. Crappy ones split or
break apart.