Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd

Default Handyman Chronicles

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

When I see your van, does the sign just say Medway Handyman, Phone
12345 and a couple of things that you do?

Its a car, dark blue Escort Estate it has the same logotype as the website
and the contact details. Only limited space.

If so, it's simply saying to me that you are there, not inviting me to
take an action.

True, as would an advert in the paper though.

Actual case:

My sister, having moved into a large old house that needs a good amount
of renovation has (out of desparation) noted down the website of a
couple of home maintenance companies taken from their vans, and had me
chase details down (no land line = no internet, for her) - ultimately to
no avail, since these companies were not interested in the major works
that she needs.

It does work, but you need to give a flavour of the work you'd be
interested in taking on, and give easy to remember contact details (in
her case, she could remember the web address but not the telephone
number) (who has pen and paper on them when they need them?!)

(psst, you're not in the NW, are you?)