Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Water Softener lifetime question

fish wrote:
hi,

i know this is all relative to the hardness of the water in the area,
but i will try to provide some statistics that will help solve this
'issue'.

i have a kenmore water softener that is about 3 years old, in my home
with wife and daughter, and it runs all the water with the exception
of 2 outside faucets. our water is about a 9 in hardness and it is
gahanna city water, or maybe its columbus ohio water. anyway, how
long can i expect this softener to perform? i think it was the model
that is rated between 35000 and 39000, or somewhere in that range.

the reason that i ask, is that lately it seems like our water is not
as soft as when the unit was installed. is there any good advice to
get the water softer again? i have turned up the hard water setting
so taht it recharges more frequently.

thanks in advance,

fish

I'll guess it is Gahanna water as I don't think Columbus delivers any
water hard enough to need additional softening at the home. What they get
from the south well fields is softened before it is pumped.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit