Posted to alt.home.repair
DT

Default Rough-In After Concrete Poured

In article ,
says...

Before I call in a plumber for quotes, could someone give me an idea of how
much a PIA it will be to install toilet and sink drains once concrete floor
has been poured (and hardened)? It's about a six foot run to existing
pipes.

A six foot run isn't bad, We've done that before. A lot depends on how deep the
waste line is at that point. Use a diamond blade in a circular saw to score the
concrete, then break it out with a hammer, and dig as required. Making the
connection in the drain will require a large enough hole to get in there and
work, you have to cut out the existing line and put in a Y using rubber
connectors. Run the new line, have it inspected (this sounds like new
construction) then pour the new concrete. A half day's work for an experienced
plumber, then inspection and pouring the next day.

Dennis