Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Electric vs. Gas, your opinion ?????

Joey wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Joey" wrote in message

Due to the high costs of gas this winter I am considering changing
to all electric on my stove and mainly heating unit.

Do you think this is a good idea ????

Probably not.

The cost of the change over, especially for a stove, may be far more
than the potential savings. Gas went up, but electric has to in
most areas. We have 20% increase. Your stove probably uses $100 of
gas in a year and a replacement will be $500 to $100 including
wiring. You may save $20 a year. Rather poor payback.

Edwin,

The stove it not really the issue, it's just if I do away with gas
that has to be changed out. Heating is the issue and my bills this
winter have doubled--ouch.

Unless you have a very high connect fee, why do away with gas totally?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit