Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Swamp Cooler to Refrigeration A/C

"Reed" wrote in message
ink.net...
Do you have forced air heat system ?? If so, the AC fits within it and use
same existing ducting. Yes, it recirculates inside air, otherwise would
run continously and cost a fortune to operate. You normally close all
doors and windows, which can be its own problem re "stale" air etc. I've
had both systems; if swamper has been OK (ie dry climate like Denver), you
won't like AC.

--reed

Yup, I've got forced air. Trouble is, the Swamp cooler isn't located near
the furnace. The furnace supply feeds the
floors of the house while pulling from a couple large vents in the walls.
My swamp cooler is on the ground not near one
of these return grilles. So it looks like I'm SOL unless I want to do some
major stuff. In terms of Swamp vs. Refrigerated,
well that's a debate. I live in Albuquerque and the swamp cooler is OK but
not great. The last few years has seen higher than
normal humidities so at night it struggles. I'd prefer the refrigerated
route but I'll make do with the swamp it looks like.
Thanks much,
jlc