Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Karle Lathe Spinning Tools and Dual Use Spinning/Storage Cabinet

I made all my spinning tools myself as that was fairly easy for me to do
and at the time I started around 1998 I hadn't found any sources for
them. Terry Tynan does a very good DVD about spinning and covers the
making of tools so you could ask him if he is still selling them.

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I posted this request in rec.crafts.woodturning earlier but would like
some additional suggestions so I am posting here also.

I recently purchased a Karle spinning lathe from a friend...EXCELLENT
small metal spinning lathe.

It weighs a bit over a hundred pounds so it is still managable in terms
of portability...much like a Jet/Delta midi lathe...just heavier.

Unfortunately the lathe did not have any spinning tools with it. What
spinning tools would the group recommend to purchase and where would
you buy them?

Also with a small shop, I wish to make this lathe "portable" to store
it when it is not in use. Any suggestions for a good combination lathe
storage and spinning stand?

I do have the same table available that the lathe came with but it
takes up a lot of room...room
that I would like it to share with other tools. That is why I would
like to have a portable storage solution available so it can be stored
when not in use and also be available for demos at workshops.

Thanks

TMT