Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Gauge block care and useage

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:05:57 -0500, "Robin S."

I accepted work with .0001" tolerance in my humble shop when I was
actively
machining, and had success.

Harold,

I knew you were one of the five. Then there's Steve. I wonder how close I
am.

Anyway, about the only thing I know about that area of machining is that the
more you're able to see, the greater the aggravation. Things like spotting
blue, comparators, tenths indicators, and other "gauges" can be very
humbling after dealing only with very-nears and micrometers.

Regards,

Robin

Work in a Swiss Screw Machine shop for a couple weeks.....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3