Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Gauge block care and useage

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:42:40 -0500, "Robin S."
wrote:

"Peter" aus10n@optusnetdotcomdotau wrote in message
. au...

Used to, but alas not any more,
but ask any toolmaker if they work to tenths of a thou!!

There are over 100 certified Tool and Die Makers where I work and none of
them work to .0001. We do precision grinding with 1/4" die grinders, disc
grinders, polishing stones and sand paper.

You're right, of course. Sometimes the last .0001" *does* matter. As far as
function is concerned, I'd be surprised if five people reading this group
were actually capable, or had access to facilities capable, of doing that
type of work.

Regards,

Robin

Lol