Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default flame sprayer?

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:16:11 -0800, Bob Gentry wrote:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 03:22:44 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

snip

Oh..the Line-Gun is interesting. I believe it uses CO2 cartridge to
carry a string..Got lots of string spools, no cartridges. When you
cock it..and pull the trigger..a piston with a spike on the end slams
forward into the center of a holder and apparently pieces the ass end
of the CO2 cartridge..which is tied to the bobbin of string and
launches the entire CO2 cartridge. Seems like it would pinwheel
badly..but maybe the string acts as a tail...

In the same tool box was a ****LOAD of .22 blanks for nail guns and a
half ****load of .25 blanks for what I think is Hilti..

Now I got to scrounge a power activated nail gun....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Morning Gunner
The "line-gun" is used to shoot/pull that bobbin string thru conduit.
The string is then used to pull a pull rope which,in turn, pulls in
the wires. It's best to pad the far side of the box into which your
conduit empties grin. That cartridge packs a real wallop.
Bob
rgentry_at_oz_dot_net
_AT_ = @, _dot_ = . to eMail

Cool! 3/4" and up I assume? So you just hold the muzzle inside the
conduit and squeeze her off?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Basically correct. Prep the far end to receive the _missile_, Arrange
the line pack (bobbin and string) so it can pay out the string REAL
fast, make sure the line is attached to the cartridge properly, aim
and shoot grin.
Jet Line made a line of these about 25 years ago. In recent years the
safety issue of this method has caused a change in the way the pull
string is introduced into the conduit. Now days a vacuum is placed on
one end of the conduit and a line pack, similar to the bobbin, with a
properly sized conduit seal is pulled thru the pipe laying the string
behind it. A whole lot safer, and a side benefit of cleaning the
conduit in the process.
Bob
rgentry_at_oz_dot_net
_AT_ = @, _dot_ = . to eMail

Vacuum? That sucks. Where is the Way Cool! factor?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3