Suz

Default Extractor fan emptying into chimney stack

"Frank Watson" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:30:59 +0100, "SC" wrote:

In our new kitchen plan we will have our cooker in the current unused
chimney stack. I know we need a liner to stop build up of grease

causing a
fire hazard. However I finding it hard to find information online about
which extractor will be suitable. All sites seem to selling fully
integrated (into a cupboard), or with chimney hoods, but we don't need a
hood as we are keeping the chimney breast as a feature. We want a

powerful
one as this will be a living area too.

Any advice on what we need or other points we may not have considered?

Does the chimney breast back onto an exterior wall (i.e., not in the
moddle of the building)? If so, why not have the extractor blowing
into a horizontal duct pipe which passes horizontally through the
chimney breast, termonating in a ventillator grille on the exterior of
the building?

No, it is slap bang in the middle of our party wall with the semi next
door...